Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why Put Off Till Tomorrow? Because It's Cold!

I had a very busy Holiday Week with several trips back and forth from Indiana. We returned home Saturday afternoon and I had to work the next three nights. So basically my house has fallen apart again and today was the day to put it back together. I had plans to do laundry, go grocery shopping and straighten some of the messes around the house. But alas, I discovered late this morning that the furnace is not working. We had the same problem 2 years ago, though on a much colder day, and it was just a matter of cleaning a sensor. Stupid technology these days. Who would think that the furnace wouldn't work because a sensor is dirty? So I packed up the baby and went to Grams where it is a bit warmer than my house. We had lunch and now here we sit waiting for the furnace guy to call. I am thankful at least that it is a decent day. The temperature outside is in the upper 40's. The house right now is in the 60's. Last time we had a problem, It was bitter cold outside, the furnace stopped working overnight, and we woke up to a house in the 40's. Hopefully in a few hours the house will be nice and toasty again.

No comments: