Thursday, November 8, 2007

GOT MILK?

I recently decided to start walking. I'm trying to get back in shape and thought walking daily would be a good place to start. Now I am a realist and I know there is no way I will get out for a walk every day! If I can get out a few times a week I will be happy.

I noticed this morning we were almost out of milk after breakfast. So I decided I would walk to the local grocery store for milk after I take the kids to school. I bundled up the baby and put her in the stroller. I figure round trip to the store and back should be approximately 1 mile. Good! I took the side streets to the grocery store, and headed down the main road with the gallon of milk in the bottom of the stroller on the way back. As we neared the train station, I thought about the new Dunkin Donuts they opened near there. I haven't had a Dunkin Donuts coffee in a long time so I decided we would stop there before going home. I got my coffee, two donuts for me and one for the baby. I realize this is counterproductive to my walking, but who cares. We pass by my grandmother's house on the way home so I thought we would stop in and have breakfast with her. Then we can head home later to put the baby down for a nap and I can do some laundry! I left the milk in the bottom of the stroller beacause it seems cold enough outside today. After breakfast and a short visit with Gram, the baby is tired and we need to get home. I arrive at the front door, get the baby out and unlock the door. I reach in the bottom of the stroller and grab the gallon of milk only to realize it is dripping!! Sure enough there is a small puddle of milk in the bottom of the stroller. Emily says " Ohhh, messy!" Yes Emily, messy! I run to the kitchen sink which thank godness is not filled with dirty dishes and set the leaking gallon in there. Now what to do with the milk! Thank goodness the old gallon is nearly empty. I pour the new milk in with the old (the expiration dates are only 1 day apart). Milk never lasts more than a day and a half in my house anyway. I think we only lost about 1 glass of milk, but how did this happen? Was the gallon leaking at the store and I didn't notice? Did I hit something with the bottom of the stroller on the way home? Oh well, it doesn't really matter. LIFE HAPPENS!

No comments: