Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What would you do?

The boys have both been needing haircuts. I try to let it grow a while before the holidays, so when they get it cut, it looks nice for pictures. It has been growing, and it is definitely time to get it trimmed. I had a chance to take Austin before his religion class last night. We ran to Supercuts, and they got us in right away. The lady asked Austin how he wanted it done. He told her to ask me. So I told her, HE wants a buzz, but DO NOT buzz it. I said I like it longer for the holidays so he can part it and comb it to the side. I told her to just clean it up a little bit. I left him with her and sat down with a magazine. That was my first mistake. He came to me a few minutes later with damp hair saying he was done. His hair did not look like it had been cut at all. It wasn't even combed! I tried to part it to the side with my fingers to see if it looked any different, and I couldn't believe she called this a haircut. I tried to be nice about it, although my instincts said just leave and go somewhere else. I told her she needed to take some more off because his hair grows really fast. She said she would have to pull out the clippers then. I told her OK. He went back to the chair, and I picked up the magazine again. This was mistake number 3 ( #2 was not leaving when my instincts told me to). When he came back, he was all smiles, she buzzed it. It's not a short buzz, and it actually looks a little awkward. Kind of like it does those few weeks as I try to grow out his buzz at the end of every summer. At this point, I was so frustrated I just wanted to get out of there. So I paid her the $9.95 and left.

After I got home, I was still steaming about this. I made it clear to her when we came in that I did NOT want her to buzz it. I did not feel that I was giving her permission to buzz it when she told me she needed to use the clippers. Now, I have to wait a few more weeks for it to grow out again, and hopefully get it trimmed just before Christmas. It doesn't look bad, it's just not what I told her to do.

Jeff said I shouldn't have paid for the haircut, but I was in a hurry and did not have time for a confrontation with the hairdresser or management. I feel like I should call Supercuts and complain, but what will that get me? A free haircut next time I come in? I don't think I want to go back there. At the same time, I have a clipper at home, and if I wanted it buzzed I could have done a better job myself for free.

So I am just wondering, what would you my loyal readers do? Would you have left without paying? Even though pressed for time, would you have stopped and complained to the hairdresser or management? Would you call to complain after the fact even though your not likely to get any satisfaction anyway? Or would you have handled the situation completely differently?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm not much help. I'd skip the haircut in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Although I MUST agree with dad on skipping the haircut...if in your situation, I would most likely have done the EXACT same thing. Complain A LOT to different people and eventually you'll feel better.