Friday, November 30, 2007

OUCH!

As you know we had some trouble with our furnace the other day. While I was waiting for the serviceman to arrive, I thought I should straighten the house a bit. So I picked up some things in the living room, cleared the dining room table, and then went downstairs and straightened the basement. As usual, Emily followed me through the house repeating "Hepp you Mommy?" When I was done, and the house looked decent, I decided to vacuum the basement. I pulled out the vacuum cleaner, and Emily says "Ouchie Mommy?". I told her no, no ouchies today. Just cleaning. Somehow I don't think she believed me because as soon as I turned the vacuum on, both she and the dog ran upstairs!

This all stems from an incident several weeks ago. Someone broke a picture frame in the living room. As usual, Emily was eager to help me clean it up. I had already picked up the big pieces, and wanted to vacuum the little pieces. I was afraid she would hurt herself on the glass, so I told her over and over, "No Emily! OUCH!". Well she got the idea alright. I don't think she will ever go near a vacuum cleaner again!

By the way, the furnace just needed to be cleaned and is working fine now.

No comments: