Thursday, March 13, 2008

Loser

So I missed Poetry Wednesday. Sorry about that. I have appropriately selected a Shel Silverstein poem. Sorry, It's not Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me. No, instead I give you Loser.


Loser

Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playin' with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now it's gone.


And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it,
And I can't call to it
'Cause my mouth is on it
(Couldn't hear it anyway
'Cause my ears are on it),

Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute

-Shel Silverstein

2 comments:

D.N.H. said...

Nice job incorporating the illustration with your post.

Anonymous said...

Nice poem, Answer to ROFLMAO....
Rolling
On
Floor
Laughing
My
A$$
Off